Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of Greater Atlanta Specialty      

33rd PWCCGA Annual Specialty - Sunday, April 12, 2020

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be held during the April 08-12, 2020 Peach Blossom Cluster in Perry, Georgia.

Event is held at:

Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter 

401 Golden Isles Pkwy, Perry, GA 31069

Phone: (478) 987-3247

Website:  www.gnfa.com

Closing Date for Entries:   Wednesday, NOON, 03/25/2020


Our superintendent is Jack Onofrio Dog Shows  http://www.onofrio.com/

PREMIUM LIST CLICK HERE

All Breed show (AKC NATIONAL OWNER-HANDLED SERIES)

Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. April 8-11 All-Breed show entry <click here>

PWCCGA Specialty show

FUN Saturday, April 11, 2020 - fun evening starting at 6pm

.PLEASE RSVP for both:  >CLICK HERE<

1)  Easter parade entries - Handler and/or canines!!

2) Sonny’s BBQ will be bringing in dinner so you can eat ringside.  There is a pre-order $18 per plate, per person charge for dinner.  Please provide: #__ of attendees and/or order Dinner for Saturday __ (BBQ) via the RSVP page

SHOW:

Sunday, April 12, 2020 4-6 Beginner Puppy entry <click here>

Sunday, April 12, 2020 Specialty <click here>

 

Questions?  Please contact our Show Chairman, Lynda McKee, tifflynldm@aol.com

 

​Our Specialty is held in conjunction with the April 08 - 11, 2020 Peach Blossom Cluster All-Breed show

4 Days of Supported Entries before the Specialty:

 

​Wednesday, April 8th -- Atlanta Kennel Club -- Judge, David A Alexander

Thursday, April 09th (supported entry)-- Valdosta Kennel Club -- Judge, Houston Clark

Friday, April 10th (supported entry) -- Valdosta Kennel Club -- Judge, Mrs. H (Toddie) Clark

Saturday, April 11th -- Atlanta Kennel Club -- Judge, Jon R Cole

Rally breed prizes, PWCCGA Supports the entry of its breed at this trial.

Cluster information is available at www.peach-blossom.org

 

All Conformation, Agility & Obedience classes are held in the air conditioned indoors!

​​​

SATURDAY Evening, April 11, 2020

 

​6 P.M. DINNER:  Sonny’s BBQ will be bringing in dinner so you can eat ringside.  There is a pre-order $18 per plate, per person charge for dinner.  Please provide: #__ of attendees and/or order Dinner for Saturday __ (BBQ) via the RSVP page (see above)

 

​​​SPECIALTY on SUNDAY, APRIL 12, 2020 McGill Building

 

OUR SPECIALTY JUDGES:

Lesley Chalmers (MERTHYR) -  Breed

Betty Cook (BRIGADOON) - Puppy & Veteran Sweepstakes

Lesley Chalmers - 4-6 puppy class

​        

Specialty Trophies for Breed will be an embroidered Mini Market Tote

Best of Breed: Tasha Tudor Certificate offered by the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America and Director's Chair

Best Puppy in Puppy Classes: GCPWCF Plate offered the Golden Gate Pembroke Welsh Corgi Fanciers.

NOHO: Rosette

This year, once again, ALL Trophies and awards have been sponsored!! A big THANK YOU to club members near and far!

​​

AKC Owner/Handler Series - 4 All-Breed shows and other events

CGC & CGC Advanced & Trick Dog every day from 11:00am until 5:00PM Wednesday-Sunday

OC Match, Wednesday-Saturday (after Obedience Trials)

Agility Trials, Wednesday-Saturday
Microchipping, Thursday-Saturday

Heart Clinic, Friday-Saturday

Eye Clinic, Friday-Saturday

Coursing Ability, Thursday-Saturday

Conformation Match, Friday Evening

Fast CAT, Wednesday-Sunday

Dog Carting Seminar, Thursday-10:00AM to 12:00PM

Carting Test, Friday

Barn Hunt, Wednesday-Saturday

Trick Dog

 

Hotels Information

 

For further information on hotels in the area, please visit:

  • Perry Convention & Visitors Center web site

  • Georgia National Fairgrounds web site.


Early hotel reservations are recommended as the area hotels fill up quickly. We do not have a host hotel, however the following hotels/motels have been favorites of our members and exhibitors:

 

DOCUMENT LIST OF 2020 HOTELS & MOTELS, ABOUT ANY SPECIAL RATES, RULES, ETC... see to premium list above

For RV reservations, you can make them online directly with the Georgia National Fairgrounds. If you prefer to mail in your reservation, you can use the form from the Peach Blossom Cluster premium list.

​Grooming & Loaner Equipment
There is no individual reserved grooming at this show site as on a first-come basis, however, the cluster does designate a grooming space for Pembroke's in the  Building 14 on Cluster show map (or it is also called the #1 Sheep/Swine building).  Bathing tubs are available in the Grooming building.  Show rings are located in separate, climate-controlled buildings a short walk from the grooming area.
If you need to borrow grooming equipment, please contact Suzanne Hanson at sjghanson@bellsouth.net.

Catalog ads
Catalog ads are available in the 4-day cluster catalog and include 1 photo at $100 for a full page (8 ½ x 11), $50 for a half page, and $25 for a quarter page. Ads must be camera ready, additional photos are $10 each submitted by March 01, 2020. 

 

Please contact Stacy Fox at ssrfox2003@gmail.com and request the catalog add form to complete and return with your ad and pictures.

​​

PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI SPECIALTY CLASSES BEING OFFERED:

The following classes will be provided for both dogs and bitches Puppy, 6 Mos & Under 9 Mos Puppy, 9 Mos & Under 12 Mos Junior, 12 Mos & Under 15 Mos Junior, 15 Mos & Under 18 Mos DIVISION OF ENTRY MONEY AS PRIZES 35% of total entry fees will be retained by the cluster for expenses. The remaining 65% will be divided in each class as follows: 1st - 50%; 2nd 25%; 3rd - 15%; 4th - 10%.

4-6 Puppy Classes - Best 4-6 puppy and Best of Opposite

VETERAN SWEEPSTAKES REQUIREMENTS & CLASSIFICATION Dogs shown in Veteran Sweepstakes need not be entered in one of the regular classes or at the regular entry fee. Indicate your Veteran Sweepstakes Class with the age division in the space provided. The following classes will be provided for both dogs and bitches. Veteran, 7 Yrs & Under 10 Yrs Veteran, 10 Yrs & Older DIVISION OF ENTRY MONEY AS PRIZES 35% of total entry fees will be retained by the cluster for expenses. The remaining 65% will be divided in each class as follows: 1st - 50%; 2nd 25%; 3rd - 15%; 4th - 10%.

ADDITIONAL CLASSIFICATION NON-REGULAR (ADDITIONAL) CLASSES Involving Single Dog Entries Veteran Dog Class • Veteran Bitch Class

THERE WILL BE COMPETITION FOR BEST PUPPY IN PUPPY CLASSES, BEST BRED-BY-EXHIBITOR & BEST VETERAN The 1st place winners of the applicable classes may return for competition for Best Puppy in Puppy Classes, Best Bred-By-Exhibitor and Best Veteran. Competition for these awards will be held after Best of Breed judging

The judge may award up to four (4) Awards of Merit Rosettes offered by the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of Greater Atlanta, Inc. to deserving dogs or bitches in the ring for Best of Breed Competition that have not already been awarded Best of Breed, Best of Opposite Sex to Best of Breed, Select Dog or Select Bitch.

 

 

Copyright © 2017 Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of Greater Atlanta., All Rights Reserved.All material on this website is copyright protected either by the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of Greater Atlanta. (PWCCGA) or by their respective authors or artists. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the respective copyright holder(s).